I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award; thank you so much to Icebreaker694 for nominating me!!
Here are the rules:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
How The Book Crunch came to be:
I’d started a book blog a very long time before this one, but I didn’t really have anything to write about, and I also didn’t know how to review books back then. To put it bluntly, the blog sucked. Majorly. So I stopped posting on it.
I then met my best friend Beth, and together we started another book blog! The problem was, again, I wasn’t inspired to write anything. Nothing in me wanted to sit down at the laptop, and write for our blog. After a few months of running a blog together, something happened between Beth and I involving the blog which sort of put us in rocky territory, and we decided our friendship was much more important than the blog.
And so we started separate book blogs! She started The Books Are Everywhere, and I started The Book Crunch! I found myself actually wanting to blog, and found things to talk about with you guys! (Side note: I’d just like to say a massive thank you to my followers – you’re all amazing, and I feel like you’re all really supportive of my blog! The Book Crunch wouldn’t still be here without you guys!)
My advice for new bloggers:
- The book blogging community is full of friendly, amazingly kind people who are just like you. They’re here because they want to share their passion for books! Don’t be afraid to comment on other blogger’s posts, or like and follow their blogs! The bookish community supports you, and gives back any support you give to them – don’t be scared to show bloggers if you like their blogs!
- Follow a lot of book blogs – I find that reading different people’s writing styles always inspires me to change up how I do things, and helps me improve my own writing! It’s also really interesting to see other blogger’s thoughts on books, and read their other bookish posts!
(Sorry if that’s not very helpful!!)
Here are my nominees: