The lovely Nielle from Nielle-Reads-Books tagged me for this one; thank you so much!!
I know Valentines day has come and gone, so I’m a little late jumping on the bandwagon with this one, but oh well!
On with the questions!
1. Your favourite book couple.
This one is really hard. So many couples to choose from…can I only pick one? Off the top of my head I’m thinking Helen and Lucas from The Starcrossed trilogy, but now I’m thinking Simon and Baz from Carry On, or Claire and Shane from The Morganville Vampires series, or Eve and Michael…
2. Your top 3 book boyfriends.
– Daemon Black (*swoons*)
– Patch Cipriano (because, yum.)
– Lucas Delos (does anything else really need to be said?)
3. Imagine your favourite book couple. Who would propose, and how? (If there’s already been a proposal: who would be more into organising the wedding?)
For Helen and Lucas: I think if Lucas proposed, he’d fly himself and Helen up into the starry-night sky, where they could be completely alone, and whisper in her ear, ‘I will stay by your side forever…will you marry me?’
4. Unpopular opinions time! Name a popular pairing you can’t stand.
This one was really hard to choose, but I think I’ll have to say Isla and Josh from Isla and the Happily Ever After. From what I remember, I didn’t think these two had a connection, and just found their relationship annoying in general.But it seems as if this book is the favourite in the series for most, and I didn’t like it nearly as much as the first two.
5. What’s your favourite and least favourite romance trope?
I like when there’s no set way that the romance will go – what happens will happen. I’m not fond of predictability – I want to be shocked. I also like romances where the couple will do anything for each other, like Daemon and Katy from the Lux series.
I don’t like when things are set in stone, and we know exactly where their relationship is going. It’s just boring.
6. Do you ship non-canon couples often? Name some if you do. Spoiler in this answer.
All. The. Time. I ship so many characters together, it’s crazy. Like Adrian and Rose from Vampire Academy – I mean, she really chose Dimitri over him? It broke my heart, but at the same time I was happy that the two were reunited.
7. Your opinion on love triangles. Go!
If done well, I love them. It just makes the romance aspect of a book more exciting and unpredictable – you wonder who the main character will end up with, and normally end up shipping one more than another. But it does have to be done in a particular way, otherwise I just end up rolling my eyes.
8. Favourite and least favourite love triangle.
I found the one from Starcrossed sweet – I love both Orion and Lucas. And I really didn’t like the love triangle between Katniss, Peeta and Gale in the Hunger Games. I just didn’t see chemistry between Katniss and Gale at all.
9. Sometimes romance just isn’t the way to go. Favourite friendship?
I can’t seem to remember anything to answer these questions tonight! However, I did love Orion and Helen’s friendship afterwards, in Starcrossed.
10. What’s your favourite scene with your bookish otp?
Simon and Baz in the snow. Lucas and Helen after the fall.
11. Imagine your favourite book couple again.Who’s most excited about Valentines Day (either ironically or genuinely)?
Talking about Simon and Baz from Carry On for this one, I think Baz would be the most excited. Ironically, of course.
Who I’m tagging:
And anyone else who’d like to do it!