I was nominated for this award by Cassie over at Book Reviews And Haikus; thank you so much for the nomination and awesome questions!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Once I decided to make a book blog, I sat down and tried to think up names. The first few I wrote down were just terrible (and way too embarrassing to share), but then The Book Crunch popped into my head, and I just thought it fit!
2. What’s something you are very proud of?
When I was younger, we used to have a piano in our back room. I think it was recently after I’d watched Titanic, and I just sat at the piano, and started pressing random notes, and when I hit one, I thought ‘wow, that sounds like the first note in My Heart Will Go On‘ (the theme tune to Titanic), and I worked out the beginning of the song just sitting at the piano. But then I got stuck, and my piano-mastermind sister helped me figure the rest of it out!
3. What’s the favourite post you’ve written on your blog (include the link) and why?
Just from the top of my head, I’m thinking my review for The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. It’s my favourite because I literally grabbed my laptop after I’d just finished the book, and just let all of my feelings stream out of me in the form of words.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Italy. Or California. Italy seems like such a beautiful place, and I love the look of the beaches in California!
5. Which fictional character (from a book, movie, tv show, game, etc.) do you most identify with and why?
Probably Katy from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Being a book blogger and bibliophile myself, I feel like I’m quite a lot like Katy – I’m also super stubborn and snarky.
6. What’s a must-visit place in the area you live and why?
There aren’t really any must visit places in the area I live, if I’m honest.
7. What’s the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
My sister and I have been watching Arrested development, and it’s hilarious!
8. Do you have a set blogging schedule or just post when you feel like it?
I have just set a schedule for myself, and I’m hoping to stick to it! I did post just when I felt like it before (which was pretty much everyday), but I like having a little bit of organisation in my life.
9. Four words that describe you:
I’d say myself I’m quite humourous, and I had to have help from my friend Beth for the rest of them: caring, empathetic, and thoughtful.
10. Where do you draw inspiration from?
My family and authors. I honestly have the best, most amazing and supportive family in the world – and authors are just magical.
11. Do you work/ write / study better with background music or in complete silence?
Both! If I’m trying to read a passage though, I normally mute the music until I’ve read it, because sometimes it’ll just go completely over my head.
Who I’m nominating:
My questions for the nominees:
- If there was any book in the world you could live in, which would it be?
- Bookish boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Which author inspires you?
- Why do you blog?
- If there was one thing you could bring to the real world from a book, what would it be?
- How has the book blogging community treated you so far?
- Who’s you book best friend? (As in, which character?)
- Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- Bookmark or dog-ear?
- How vital is Goodreads in your reading experience?
- Which bookseller do you use the most? (For instance, Waterstones, Amazon, Book Depository.)
I’m sorry for giving you guys such random questions!