If you read my post yesterday, you’ll know that it sucked; big time.
Today though, I thought I’d do something much better, and something festive!
The Christmas Songs Book Tag! I originally found this post on the blog Overflowing Bookshelves (but it was created by That Artsy Reader Girl), and I thought it looked so good I wanted to do it myself!
1. “All I want for Christmas is you”: Name your favourite bookish couple.
Okay, this one’s hard for me, because my first instinct was to say Baz and Simon from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. But then I thought of the Starcrossed trilogy by Josephine Angelini, and how perfect Helen and Luke were! So many bookish couples, and I can only choose one! I guess I’ll go with Baz and Simon, because their love is set with a Christmas backdrop!
2. “I’ll be home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc).
Glass Houses by Rachel Caine. Claire is the main character in this book, and may I just say, out of all the places in the world, you had to go and pick Morganville, didn’t ya? This series is probably my favourite ever, and if you like vampires, you should check it out!
3. “Have yourself a merry little Christmas”: Name your favourite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc).
Does Nick And Norah’s Infinte Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn count? It was a fun, short read, and I really liked it!
4. “Santa Claus is coming to town”: What book/s do you hope Santa brings you this year?
5. “Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red? (Made you cry.)
There are so many books that have made me sob, but the one that first springs to mind is All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Such a beautiful book, and such an important story. Get your tissues ready if you’re planning on reading this one!
6. “The most wonderful time of the year”: What’s your favourite book to read during the holidays? (Re-read, or a specific genre?)
7. “We three kings”: What’s your favourite trilogy?
I’m going to have to say Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini! I’ve re-read this series so many times, I am in love with it and all of the characters! Just thinking about it is making me want to re-read it now.
8. “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow”: Which characters would you not mind being snowed in with?
- Will Herondale – from The Infernal Devices by Cassie Clare
- Lucas Delos – from Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
- Patch Cipriano – from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
9. “Last Christmas”: Which book seriously let you down?
The Hit List by Nikki Urang – it wasn’t what I was expecting, and what it was wasn’t very good.
10. “White Christmas”: Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I cannot tell you how desperate I am for this book – I love all of her Shadowhunters books, and will literally read anything that has them in it. (I’m not obsessed guys; I’m just dedicated!)
If you want to do this tag, I tag you!