So I was stumped as to what to do for today’s Blizzard post. My first idea was finding some Christmassy covers to show you guys:
However, that idea didn’t seem…right. It seemed quite boring (though I will say, that cover for Dash And Lily’s Book of Dares is so pretty, don’t you think?)
So I thought instead, I’d share with you guys a book that you’ve probably heard of, that has a collection of short (Christmas) stories by different well known authors!
And here it is: My True Love Gave To Me, edited by Stephanie Perkins.
(I found this photo online, and omigods, how gorgeous is the pink edition?! I have the blue version, which is beautiful too, but look at the pink one!!)
Here are the short stories in the book:
- Midnights by Rainbow Rowell
- The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link
- Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena
- Polaris Is Where You’ll Find Me by Jenny Han
- It’s a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins
- Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan
- Krampuslauf by Holly Black
- What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman
- Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire
- Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White
- Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter
- The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
I think I got this book around Christmas time last year, and loved it. Well, I loved the stories that I actually read. I still haven’t read the last few, in all honesty, but I remember the other ones (especially Holly Black’s and Stephanie Perkins’) being extremely good!
I’m thinking of picking this book back up during Christmas and boxing day to finish it off!
Have any of you guys read this book? Which story was your favourite?